Broccoli and pea shakshuka.
You can have Broccoli and pea shakshuka using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli and pea shakshuka
- Prepare 1 of onion – finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped.
- You need 1 of chilli – finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 of x tins chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 6-8 of coriander stalks and leaves.
- Prepare 6 of x eggs.
- You need 2 handfuls of peas.
- Prepare Half of a head of broccoli.
Broccoli and pea shakshuka step by step
- In a frying pan, fry off the onion until softened. Then add the chilli, garlic and seasoning and fry for another minute or so. Then add the paprika and the coriander stalks, chopped (reserve the leaves for later) and fry for another minute..
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan with a dash of water to rinse out the cans and simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the vinegar and sugars..
- Meanwhile, chop the broccoli into florets and place in a pot of cold water. Season with salt and bring to the boil. Once the water is boiling, simmer for a minute and remove from the heat and drain. Do not cook through completely. Then chop the broccoli into smaller, thinner pieces..
- Add the broccoli and peas to the tomato mix. Then add the eggs, evenly spaced around the pan. I try and make a well in the mixture and crack an egg into to. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until you start to see the eggs whiten but the yolks are still soft. Meanwhile turn on the grill..
- Place the pan until the grill for a final few minutes to lightly brown the tops. (Sometimes I add a grating of Parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese at this point and melt it over the top). Remove from the grill and cut into slices. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with crusty bread and salad..