Healthy bean burger sandwich.
You can cook Healthy bean burger sandwich using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy bean burger sandwich
- Prepare 100 grams of boiled kidney beans.
- Prepare 100 grams of boiled black eyed beans.
- You need 50 grams of boiled green peas.
- Prepare to taste of Sea salt.
- You need 2 of boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes.
- You need 6 of cheddar cheese slices.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of all spice powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of oregano powder.
- You need 100 grams of finely chopped parsley/coriander leaves.
- It’s 250 grams of breads crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of small onion chopped finely.
- You need 1 of small tomato chopped in rings/roundels.
- It’s 1 of large onion peeled and chopped in roundels/rings.
- You need of As required Lettuce leaves to serve.
- It’s As needed of Burger buns to serve.
- Prepare of Some oil to drizzle pre baking.
Healthy bean burger sandwich step by step
- Preheat the oven 180 degrees celcius.
- Combine the beans and peas in a bowl and mash well.
- Add the mashed beans-peas to the mashed potatoes.
- Add the finely chopped onion, salt, coriander leaves and other dry spices.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Create medium sized burger patties with the mixture.
- Spread the bread crumbs on a plate well.
- Coat all the patties well with the bread crumbs.
- Align the baking tray with a baking sheet and place the patties keeping 2 fingers distance between each.
- Drizzle/brush some oil on the patties.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake until crisp(about 25-30 minutes). Flip half way through for even baking.
- Post baking let the patties cool a bit before preparing the burger.
- To plate, slice the buns into half.
- Place lettuce leaf and a patty on top. Arrange a cheese slice,1-2 onion and tomato rings.
- Serve warm with ketchup immediately.