Cow pea / Lobia Masala Rice Vermicelli.
You can have Cow pea / Lobia Masala Rice Vermicelli using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cow pea / Lobia Masala Rice Vermicelli
- It’s 1/4 cup of Black eyed pea / Cow pea -.
- Prepare 2 cups of Rice Vermicelli -.
- It’s of Onion – 1 No. Medium sized finely chopped.
- Prepare of Tomatoes – 2 Nos. Medium pureed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chilli Powder -.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Turmeric powder -.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida -.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Jeera/Cumin powder -.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of Coriander powder -.
- You need of Salt as required.
- You need of Water as required.
- You need of Coriander leaves for decoration.
- You need of Grated coconut – 1 tbsp (optional).
- You need of Seasoning ingredients.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Oil -.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Jeera /cumin seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Urad dal.
Cow pea / Lobia Masala Rice Vermicelli step by step
- First fry the cow pea for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame and transfer it to a vessel and add required water and soak for 3 hours..
- Then drain the water and again add required water and pressure cook for 5 whistles..
- Remove from cooker and drain extra water. Keep it drained when frying..
- Boil 4 to 5 cups of water and add the rice vermicelli with ¼ tsp salt and 1 tsp oil. Once it is cooked (it should not be too soft), turn off the heat and pour into a colander and drain completely..
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add the seasoning ingredients..
- Then add the onions and tomatoes and saute well. Along with this, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, asafoetida powder and salt as needed..
- Once well seasoned, turn off the heat and add the steamed cow pea and rice vermicelli and saute. Make sure not to break the vermicelli..
- Transfer to a bowl and decorate with coriander leaves and serve hot..
- Note: If required you can add 1 tbsp of grated coconut while serving to enhance the taste..