Mixed Lentils Khichadi – One Pot Meal.
You can cook Mixed Lentils Khichadi – One Pot Meal using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mixed Lentils Khichadi – One Pot Meal
- You need 1/3 cup of Black Eyed Peas (chawli, lobia).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Green Gram Full (moong dal).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Lentils Full Masoor (massor dal).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Lentils Full Black ( urad dal).
- You need 1/2 cup of Basmati Rice / Regular Brand.
- It’s 2 cups of Broccoli florets.
- You need 1 of onion large Chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsps of butter Clarified (ghee) / Refined oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic Paste.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf Dry.
- You need 2 of cardamom Black (badi or moti elichi).
- It’s 1 inch of Cinnamon stick.
- It’s a pinch of Asafoetida.
- Prepare 2 tsps of Cumin jeera (.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric (haldi).
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder Red.
- Prepare 2 tsps of Masala Shahi Biryani (I used Everest).
- It’s of Salt as per taste.
- You need of Coriander Freshly Chopped to garnish.
Mixed Lentils Khichadi – One Pot Meal step by step
- Take a bowl; add all the lentils to it (not the rice) wash them under running water. Add sufficient water and soak the lentils for two hours. Separately wash the rice under running water, drain and set aside..
- In the meantime, chop the onions, wash and slice the broccoli florets, mince the garlic and get all your spices ready for the cooking..
- After 2 hours, drain the lentils; wash rice under running water, drain and set aside. Now take a heavy bottom pan or pressure cooker (you can cook this khichadi directly in the pressure cooker) once the pan or cooker is hot add clarifies butter, add to it asafoetida, cumin, minced garlic, bay leaf, cinnamon, black cardamom and sauté for a min..
- Then add the onions and sauté till the onions are golden brown, next add turmeric, red chili powder, biryani masala. Sauté again for 2 minutes and then add the broccoli florets..
- After about a minute, add the lentils along with the rice and 3-4 cups of water. Add salt, check the seasoning..
- Cook for 20-25 minutes on medium flame (2 whistles on medium flame).
- Serve hot with a dollop of clarified butter, roasted poppadum’s, crud or spicy pickle..