Sorrel and Pork Stew. Sheep sorrel has several reported health benefits, including treatment for cancer, fever, generalized inflammation, and scurvy. Its ability to help treat Because of its sour taste, stewed sorrel leaves are also popular aside lamb and pork. Sorrel can also be used as a garnish, curdling agent for cheese.
A spicy, hearty stew with pork shoulder, sausage, chickpeas and onions, garlic and paprika. We actually made this stew in early summer, but it was too hot in most of the country to post it. Looking for spring soup and stew recipes? You can have Sorrel and Pork Stew using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sorrel and Pork Stew
- It’s of Pork and marinade.
- You need 2-1/2 pound of porkloin.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground paprika.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 cup of peach brandy.
- You need 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Stew and vegetables.
- You need 10-1/2 ounces of sorrel in a jar chopped.
- You need 1 pound of carrots.
- It’s 2/3 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- You need 1 of large cucumber.
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
Pork Stew is a super easy and totally cozy dinner. Made in the slow cooker or instant pot, this is packs in some serious flavor without all the hassle! I like to serve this over boiled or mashed potatoes with a crusty piece of Italian bread. Can I make this in the instant pot?
Sorrel and Pork Stew Preparation
- Cut the pork into manageable pieces. Add the spices except salt. Add the oil and brandy and put into a ziploc bag..
- Remove all the air from the bag. I used water in the sink to submerge the bag most of the way pushing the air out and sealing the bag. Set in the refrigerator for 3 hours..
- Wash peel and chop the vegetables..
- Here is the sorrel..
- Heat a deep pan. Add the pork and marinade. Add the onions and simmer for 2 minutes. Then add the sorrel..
- Now add the vegetables and stir. Now add the salt. Stir well and simmer 7 minutes..
- Add the broth and simmer 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes liquids will increase. Add the butter. Simmer 20 minutes more. Add the flour stir in and let thicken. Cook for 10 minutes serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Recipe—To Stew Sorrel for Fricandean and Roast Meat. When boiled by itself, without water, it serves as an excellent accompaniment to roast goose or pork 'To Stew Sorrel for Fricandean and Roast Meat. 'Wash the Sorrel, and put it into a silver vessel, or stone. Sorrel is used as a diuretic in India, Africa and Mexico and has benefits for kidney health when ingested daily. According to the Jamaica Gleaner, in some parts of Africa the red calyx of the sorrel is used to relieve coughs, while the leaves are made into a poultice to relieve boils and abscesses. Autumn Pork Stew – Tender chunks of pork, apples, potatoes and butternut squash are combined to create the ultimate comfort food!