JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA.
You can have JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA
- You need 1 lb. of dry split green peas.
- Prepare 4 of smoked bacon slices.
- You need 2 tbsp. of bacon fat.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of onions, small diced.
- It’s 2/3 cup of carrot, small diced.
- It’s 2/3 cup of celery, small diced.
- You need 1 tsp. of fresh thyme leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp. of fresh oregano, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of basil leaves cut in strips.
- Prepare 1 of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- You need 8 cups of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- It’s of feta cheese bruscheta.
- You need 12 of baguette bread slices.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of feta cheese, small diced.
- You need 2 tsp. of chopped oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of paprika powder.
JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA instructions
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..