Black-eyed-peas glutinous rice (Lepet). Black glutinous rice, also known as black sticky rice, is the unpolished, whole grain of traditional sticky white rice, commonly served in Asian restaurants, especially Thai. Despite its name, the color of the rice is closer to a deep, dark purple. Like its white counterpart, glutinous black rice has sticky.
Remove bay leaves from black-eyed peas mixture and stir in rice. The combination of sticky rice and black-eyed peas cooked into a thick and gooey pudding is so scrumptious. What I love about this recipe is it's lighter than traditional recipes which often instruct cooking Wash and rinse the glutinous rice twice. You can have Black-eyed-peas glutinous rice (Lepet) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black-eyed-peas glutinous rice (Lepet)
- Prepare 250 g of glutinous rice (soaked overnight).
- Prepare 1 handful of black eyed peas (soaked overnight).
- It’s 1/2 pcs of coconut (shredded).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 20 sheets of young coconut leaves.
Add the rice to the boiling water and stir together. Add black-eyed peas and broth, season with salt and black pepper, and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat, add peas and butter, and fluff rice with a fork. Black Eyed Peas. 🔥GIRL LIKE ME with @shakira is OUT NOW!! #GirlLikeMe ⬇️ linktr.ee/bep.
Black-eyed-peas glutinous rice (Lepet) step by step
- Soak glutinous rice and black eyed peas in a water for minimum 1 hour.
- Mix glutinous rice and black eyed peas with shredded coconut, add some salt, steam for about 30 minutes..
- Make the wrap from young coconut palm leaves (janur)..
- Put the mixture into the cone until it's full..
- Tie both edge with plastic rope..
- Steam for about 30 minutes.
Elephunk is the third studio album by American group The Black Eyed Peas. Glutinous rice (Oryza sativa var. glutinosa; also called sticky rice, sweet rice or waxy rice) is a type of rice grown mainly in Southeast and East Asia, Northeastern India and Bhutan which has opaque grains, very low amylose content, and is especially sticky when cooked. Manufactured and distributed in Canada by Universal Music Canada Inc. Add uncooked rice, black eyed peas (with juice) and water to your bacon onion mixture. Mix well. * *For vegan add liquid smoke at this point to replace When the tops of the bursting bubbles of boiling water are all of the liquid that can be seen above the rice, remove the pan from the heat and cover.