Navratna dal – a mix of nine lentils.
You can cook Navratna dal – a mix of nine lentils using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Navratna dal – a mix of nine lentils
- It’s 2 tablespoons of white kidney beans (soaked overnight).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chickpeas (soaked overnight).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of black-eyed pea (soaked overnight).
- You need 2 tablespoons of black gram (soaked overnight).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chana dal.
- You need 1 tablespoon of toor dal.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of masoor dal.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of split urad dal.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of split moong dal.
- You need of Masala.
- You need 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 of tomato (blended to paste).
- Prepare 1 of green chili (finely chopped).
- You need 1 (1 teaspoons) of ginger garlic paste table spoonturmeric powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chole masala (or to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon (juiced).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mint leaves paste (yeah, thats the magic ingredient).
Navratna dal – a mix of nine lentils instructions
- In a pressure cooker, add in all the lentils, along with 4 cups of water, turmeric and salt, cook for about 15 minutes..
- While the lentils are cooking, take a wok, put a teaspoon of olive oil, once heated, add cumin and green chilies and cook for few seconds..
- Add the onions, and saute on low flame for 5-7 minutes. (Cooking 2 onions in a teaspoon of oil is difficult, is’nt it ?) When the onions tend to dry up, add in the tomatoes and ginger garlic paste, cook for another 5 minutes..
- Once the lentils are cooked, add the prepared masala to the pressure cooker, add chole masala and mint leave paste, cook for another 2 whistles..
- Allow the steam to escape, open the cooker and drizzle some lemon juice and stir. Garnish with some ghee (if desired). Serve with hot chapatis or parathas..