Peach Whiskey BBQ chicken thighs (Ree Drummond's recipe). Roasted Chicken Chicken Recipes Poultry Roasting Whiskey Recipes Fruit Peach Recipes Main Dish. Just as tasty as competition chicken thighs, this recipe for grilled BBQ chicken thighs is a winner. Directions for a baked version are included.
Marinate chicken thighs in BBQ for a tender and flavorful meal from Chungah Rhee of Damn Delicious. Best-selling cookbook author uses peaches, whiskey on her BBQ chicken thighs. Enjoy all the flavors of barbecue in a flash with this sweet and smoky chicken thigh recipe. You can cook Peach Whiskey BBQ chicken thighs (Ree Drummond's recipe) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peach Whiskey BBQ chicken thighs (Ree Drummond's recipe)
- You need 10 of chicken thighs, bone in, skin on.
- It’s 2 T. of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 T. of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 c. of Whiskey.
- You need 16 oz. of BBQ sauce.
- It’s 16 oz. of Jar peach preserves.
- You need 1/2 c. of Water.
- It’s 2 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need of Green onions, garnish-finish.
The recipe is a Yummly original created by Edwina Clark. Peach Whiskey BBQ Chicken. made this tonight with Skinless Bone In Chicken Breasts. This was one good Sunday dinner. Pot Pie by Ree Drummond / The Pioneer Woman, via Flickr: I used a bit more flour for a thicker filling and let it cool.
Peach Whiskey BBQ chicken thighs (Ree Drummond's recipe) Preparation
- Brown thighs in skillet on both sides in the oil and butter. Don't crowd the pan. Do it in stages. Remove thighs to 10 x 15 lasagna pan. (My 9 x 13 Pyrex was not large enough.).
- Once all chicken is seared and in the roasting pan, drain about half the fat out of the skillet and return to the heat. Cook your onions 2 minutes or so, to soften them a bit..
- Add whiskey to onions. Be careful if you use gas stove. Alcohol is highly flammable. Simmer to let the alcohol burn off and it will reduce just a bit..
- While that simmers, mix together the remaining ingredients (except green onion). Stir that sauce, preserve, garlic, and water mixture into your boozey onions..
- Once incorporated, dump this onion sauce on top of your chicken thighs in your roasting pan. (I first tried to fit them in my Pyrex. Took the picture, then changed everything into a bigger pan. Better safe, than sorry.).
- Cook at 300 degrees for one and a half hours. Serve with a ladle of sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with green onions. (If you remember them…which, of course, I never do.).
BBQ Whiskey Chicken Thighs. by: bethmichelle. Add bbq/whiskey mixture to chicken thighs and stir to coat. Food Network host Ree Drummond's Peach-Whiskey BBQ Chicken is full of flavor, with a kick. Serve it over a big plate of grits at your next backyard barbeque or family gathering, and be prepared to have guests coming back for more! This crispy oven bbq chicken recipe uses only TWO INGREDIENTS – barbecue sauce and chicken (plus a little Bone-in, skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks are the best for juicy chicken every time.