Mixed Beans Masala.
You can have Mixed Beans Masala using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mixed Beans Masala
- You need 2 cups of mixed beans – Rajma, Chickpeas (kabuli chana), dried Green peas, black-eyed beans (Lobhia), and any other similar beans that you may have at home.
- You need 1 of medium onion – finely chopped.
- You need 2-3 of green chillies – cut lengthwise.
- It’s 3 of ripe tomatoes – finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger – chopped finely.
- You need 10-15 of garlic cloves – whole and peeled.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin/ zeera.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Garam masala.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s leaves of For garnishing – onion rings, ginger juliennes, lemon wedge, coriander.
Mixed Beans Masala step by step
- Wash and soak 2 cups mixed beans overnight in good amount of water in a pressure pan. Next morning, Don't drain the water. In the same water/beans add some salt and pressure cook on high heat. After 2 whistles, reduce flame to sim, and let it cook for 30 minutes. Keep aside..
- In a pressure pan, heat oil, add zeera to crackle. Add finely chopped onion, green chillies, chopped ginger and peeled garlic cloves. Stir fry till onions are almost turning golden. (Don’t burn them, keep stirring).
- Add chopped tomatoes, cover and cook till tomatoes turn mushy..
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, add salt if required. Mix well..
- Add the cooked beans along with stock. It should be quite liquidy, so Add some water if necessary to get a good consistency of gravy..
- Cover and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Let it stand for 10-15 minutes..
- Remove into serving dish and Garnish with onion rings, ginger, coriander leaves, and lemon wedges. Serve hot with zeera rice or Rotis..