Almond Peach Tart.
You can create Almond Peach Tart using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Almond Peach Tart
- Prepare of Pate Sucrée.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 1 cup of + 6 tbsp flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cold heavy cream.
- It’s 4 oz of unsalted cold butter (one stick).
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 2/3 cup of blanched almonds(I blanched them myself with boiling water).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 7 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 6 tbsp of unsalted butter(softened to room temperature).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 of -2 ripe peaches, peeled.(depending how large the peach is. I used white peaches).
- You need 1 of sugar, for sprinkling( white granulated or raw).
Almond Peach Tart Instructions
- For the pate sucrée, using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour until it resembles course corn meal, with pieces of pea sized butter. Add egg yolk into heavy cream and incorporate well. Add wet to dry and combined till it comes into a ball. Don't overwork the dough. (Can also be done with food processer) Wrap dough in tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour. ( Up to two days).
- For the filling, finely ground almonds. Add flour and sugar. Add softened butter and egg to get a smooth paste. Stir in almond extract and refrigerate till ready to use..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out pate sucrée and place into a 9 inch tart pan. Poke a few holes into the bottom and sides with the tines of a fork.Line with foil and place some sort of weight to hold down the crust( I used pie beads. You can use baked beans) Bake for 15-20min, until the edges start to brown and bottom is almost set. Cool crust on a cooling rack. Meanwhile, slice peeled peaches to 1/4 inch think slices. Spread filling into crust and fan peaches out however you like..
- Top peaches with dots of butter hear and there. Not too much. Sprinkle with sugar..
- Bake tart in oven for 45-55 minutes , or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Cool completely on a cooling rack..
- Share and enjoy!.