Homemade Soup Mix.
You can cook Homemade Soup Mix using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Soup Mix
- It’s 1 pack of Dried Green Split Peas.
- You need 1 pack of Dried Yellow Split Peas.
- You need 1 Pack of Dried Yellow Lentils.
- You need 1 pack of Pearl Barley.
- Prepare 1 pack of Black-eyed Peas.
- Prepare 1 pack of Dried Marrowfat Peas.
- It’s 1 pack of Dried Green Lentils.
- You need 1 packet of Dried Red Beans.
Homemade Soup Mix step by step
- Open all the packets and mix well. Store in a cool dry place in an airtight container until wanted..
- As required, take one cup,(if using as a filler for stews etc,)or two cups (if using on its own), mix with 4 times as much hot water, and leave to soak for at least one hour. The grains etc should swell up to use most of the liquid. Place into a pot and cook slowly until soft. Add Stock Cubes if you wish. Enjoy with bread!!.