Banana Split Cookies.
You can cook Banana Split Cookies using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Split Cookies
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter – softened.
- It’s 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 3 of medium very ripe bananas – mashed.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground allspice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of (heaping) semi sweet chocolate chips.
- You need of Optional Add-ins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped dried cherries.
- You need of Substitute half of the choc chips for caramel chips.
Banana Split Cookies step by step
- In a large bowl cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed banana until thoroughly combined..
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, all spice, cinnamon, and salt..
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir well to combine, just until no dry clumps remain. Be careful to not over mix..
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and any other optional add-ins you choose. Cover dough and refrigerate 1-2 hours..
- When dough is chilled preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet, or line with parchment paper..
- Use a couple teaspoons to drop 12 small balls of dough onto cookie sheet, evenly spaced. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are golden..
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until all cookies are baked. This recipe will yield 36-48 cookies depending on the size you choose to make them..
- Remove from oven. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely..