Caprese Salad. A light, filling, refreshing, delish dinner. Only change was I used regular leaf lettuce in place of the arugula." <br>- Chef Boy R Drew. Most Made Today Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction.
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling For this Caprese, I used a simple balsamic reduction, which results in a pretty presentation and gorgeous flavor. Serve a platter of Caprese Salad on the Fourth! I usually do, and it's always a welcome treat amidst all the burgers and hot dogs and ribs and celebration and fun. You can have Caprese Salad using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caprese Salad
- Prepare 1-2 of Roma Tomatoes (Sliced (1/4" Thick).
- It’s 4-8 oz. of Fresh Mozzarella (Cut into 1/4 in. Slices).
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of EV Olive Oil.
- Prepare 2-3 Tbsp of Fresh Basil Leaves Chopped (Or @ 1Tbsp Dried).
- It’s of Salt (To Taste).
- Prepare of Black Pepper (To Taste).
- You need of Balsamic Vinegar Glaze (Optional).
I served this salad in a small dessert dish with shredded romaine on the bottom and the Caprese Salad on top. A splash of white balsamic would be great with this. Caprese salad is an Italian dish, also referred to as Insalata Caprese. The dish received its name from Capri, an island off the coast of Naples, Italy.
Caprese Salad Preparation
- On a serving plate, Arrange tomato slices in a single layer. Sprinkle With Salt and Pepper..
- Top Tomato Slices with Slices of Mozzarella. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper again, as well as the Basil Leaves..
- Drizzle Olive Oil all over the Tomatoes and Cheese. Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar Glaze, as well, if using..
You will notice that my recipe doesn't include balsamic vinegar. A true caprese salad isn't served with balsamic vinegar, but feel free to add it if you love the flavor! The beautiful part of a caprese salad is that all these flavors pair well with chicken or creatives like crumbles of blue cheese or avocado, so do not be afraid to experiment and make it a custom salad that you will love daily!. Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen. So I make my Caprese Salad with a vinaigrette for the main dressing then drizzle it with a balsamic glaze for an extra burst burst of flavour just before serving.